Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Long View

I thought Roger and I had a perfect plan today, but we were thwarted by the crowds. I should have realized that it would be impossible to get a seat in the UVU ballroom to hear the Bill Nye speak without showing up very, very early when so many of my students were crazy happy that he was coming to campus. One of them even changed his work schedule so he could attend.

This is the the crowd milling around outside the entrance to the ballroom, which was absolutely packed.


This is a picture of the man himself taken with my amazing zoom. At least we got to see that bow tie in person.


Despite straining, we could barely hear a word. Sadly, we left. We took a detour on the way back to the car through the library, which was built just a few years ago. I don't think I'd ever been above the second floor. Looking out across the valley and Utah Lake to the west from the fifth floor was spectacular!


No comments: